LAKE MARY –
One of the two people hospitalized after Friday night’s bank robbery crash will not be charged.
Deputies said it began at the Chase Bank on Village Oak Lane after deputies said the getaway car crashed near the westbound Interstate 4 ramp off County Road 46A.
The vehicle only made it about 30 feet away when it collided with another vehicle.
One of the two managed to get out of the car and run away on foot.
However, a witness ran after him and held him there until deputies could arrive.
Those who saw the crash said they had no idea it was tied to a bank robbery.
“It was pretty crazy,” said Jared Studstill, who witnessed the crash. “Actually when I first saw it, I pulled over to kind of help. It’s just instinct to help, but whenever the guy ran across the street with a gun, I was like, yeah, I should probably get back in the car.”
Both people inside the car were hurt in the crash.
The other man will be booked as soon as he is well enough to be transported from the hospital.
latest news: seminole county
- George Zimmerman graduation pics among newly released photos
- Seminole schools look to plug budget hole
- Florida volunteers head to Oklahoma to help tornado victims
- Closing arguments set in Clemente Aguirre hearing
- Longwood banks ask customers to take off hats, hoods, sunglasses
- Truck hauling pool chemicals crashes in Oviedo, 3 hurt
- Three-alarm fire engulfs Casselberry warehouse
- Protesters demonstrate against changing Boy Scout policy
- Chihuahua brutally beaten during Sanford burglary